Thursday, May 22, 2008

End of school year

So, the end of the school year is here. Elise had her last day on Tuesday, Owen's is tomorrow. WIth that, is the bringing home of massive amounts of paperwork, artwork, folders and notebooks. That will take a while to go through. While it's out, I thought I would share some of Owen's work. Elise didn't create as much as Owen at school. More of her stuff later :-)

Owen's last Art Start project, a Georgia O'Keefe inspired petunia:



Owen's most recent writing evaluation (all spelling and punctuation copied as best as I could ;-)



Spring


It's spring! It's spring! My sister yelled jumpping on her bed. But I wus still sleping until crash! my sister fell off her bed and in to the fish tank. I ran doun the stars and saw my cat jump out the window. Then I jumped out the window and I fell on the roof. Sumer salting off it toword the padyo. Crunch I landed on the back of a deck chare. The deck chare flue up and ther was a swosh and the deck char fell doun the chimny. I looked around. The yard cenpleetly changed over night. The trees sprouted leevs and flours. The grass was as green as a souer apple. The dandylions wher as gold as lemons. The creeck was cristle cleer. Then my sister thrue the house geco out the window. It scrried doun a holl in the ground the day was so warm I drue a picsher of all the things that made me happy on the first day of spring.





And on a general writing assigment (earlier in the year) he came up with these riddle gems:



Silver cristels on the graoond. Youed lite a fire in a fire plase. It is winter.


Colors of gold, red, yellowe on the ground and pumpcins are carvde. Fall.


Coton candy spilde frum the milcky waey and wipt crym from the micsing bole of the moon. Ice creme dumt from the freyzing lande of snow and ice. Cumulostratus clouds.



My flower fairy:



And her flower fairy creation:


The completed Teacher Bag #2 - the pattern is called Romantic Ruffles:

From the November 2002 folder (it was out of order):





1 comment:

Misty said...

Your flower fairy should come and dance on my fairy ring!!!