Friday, April 8, 2011

Littleton All-City Band (Elementary)

This week Owen participated in his first band workshop - with advanced band members from many of Littleton's elementary schools. They had 89 kids there. I loved doing band workshops, trips, contests etc when I was in school (although I don't think I got to do one this young!) - they were always motivating. His love of music seems to have grown from this experience, and I hope it continues. Owen did not want to loose his trumpet (cornet) - he took it to the workshop sans case (long story.....) so it needed to have some sort of unique feature....


The trumpet line!


The videos don't show anything of Owen, he was with the trumpets on the far left of the screen.











A bunch of the Runyon band with Mr Waibel at Solid Grounds for an after-concert party:

Owen with Mr Waibel.

No comments: