Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ballet Recital 2010

It's that time of year again - Recital Time. The theme this year was the movie Pocahontas, and Elise's group was Hummingbirds. Again, since I can't video or photograph during the actual recital, I videoed the dress rehearsal (in the gym at our rec center). In the middle of it some small child tried to walk in front of my camera, and he fell down, and my camera jiggled around - but it gets better again. Of course I mostly focused on Elise, but everyone did a wonderful job. They are all 6 or 7 years old.
Elise view
All view

Here are the Hummingbirds at the actual recital, backstage.


Some of the older girls (yes, Elise is now in that category!) got to dance in both shows (this year the show was split into two to accomodate the large number of dancers....) so we had some time to kill in between.

Running!

Spinning!





The pink hummingbirds:









The blue hummingbirds:



Playing cards!








They were almost as cute playing cards as dancing in the recital!

Almost.

The shows were fun to watch, there are some many little girls dancing - they are so cute. And two soloists, older girls who have had a great deal of practice. One was dancing as Pocahontas, and they were both very good.

I didn't even include a video of the finale, since it wasn't that exciting this year, and you can't see Elise at all in any of the videos (older classes stand in the back, and Elise is short!)


The Hummingbirds danced amazingly, no one forgot their steps, they looked wonderful.

Very proud of my Elise today.



After the shows:


Moooommmmm! Enough with the pictures!

Okay.......


Elise's congratulatory "bouquet" -


Hugging brother after dress rehearsal!

So I asked Elise on the drive home what she thought of the recitals. She told me she really enjoys them. I asked if this was something she wanted to continue, and she told me - she would keep doing them until SHE was Pocahontas!

Lofty goals she has. I believe she will if she wants to.

Another view of their dance - practice in class the day before the rehearsal. They are good, aren't they? (PS they were missing one hummingbird in practice and dress rehearsal - but she made it for the recital.)



No comments: