Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day

Earth Day was yesterday. At school, the hat project continues. I know I have talked about it - the "All-School Project" where each class made their own hats out of recycleable materials - I was involved with both kindergarten and 3rd Grade in the manufacture of said hats - well, today the kids (and some teachers) displayed their hats in a parade, in honor of Earth Day. After the parade, we hung all the hats in the hallways, in preparation for Author's Night. (That is tonight, I'll post more aboutthatin another post, I'm sure ;-)
Elise in her hat (her class didn't participate in the parade, since she is morning-only and the parade was in the afternoon):A bunch of kids and Mr Hill:Owen's masterpiece:

3rd Graders:

The whole school in lower field:


Owen and Elise walking across lower field:

Here's a really grainy video of the festivities:

As you well know, I have a lot of thoughts about the earth, and what we as a people are doing or not doing to our planet. But this blog states nicely a lot of the same feelings I have about the earth and how we treat it and living creatures on it. I don't like to be preachy, so read if you like. There's a lot of information there.

The rest of my week has been very nice. Monday night some friends honored Misty, who is about to have a baby. What an amazing evening that was. Check out Misty's blog for a description of our evening. (I post this here to show off my henna work - one of my favorite things to do!)

Just had to throw in this cute pic of Ollie enjoying the sun:

My creative super-hero children ever at work saving the world:



Last weekend we got to spend some time with John and Ruth, and new baby B.

Elise with baby B:
Other than this, I plan on spending a lot of quality time in my garden (those dang weeds - already!) and on the chicken coop/run. No end of work to be done there. That's my little tribute to the earth day.

No comments: