Friday, November 14, 2008

Nia White Belt Intensive

For the next week, I will be off doing my Nia White Belt Intensive. I'll try to post some about my experience, but I might be too worn out :-)
Nia is an excersize class that focuses on body, mind, and spirit. You either love it or you don't care for it. But a lot of people come to one class, get hooked, and feel a need to keep going. Finding words to describe Nia is difficult. It's best to give Nia a try, and see if it resonates with you.
An opportunity came up to do this training close to home (it usually comes to Boulder about once a year - which is too far for me with kidlets and all to worry about) and it seemed like a good time for me to do it. We met tonight for 3 hours for introductions, tomorrow we start at 7:30 am and go til 6:30 pm. We do this until Thursday. Eleven of us are in this intensive, a wide variety of people, three are good friends from my Nia class.
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up, and this will be a huge learning experience, part of my path to find my way. I might become a Nia teacher after this - several possibilties for teaching seem to floating in my circles, so we'll see what comes of all this.
Nia just fits so well with my current philospohies on life, family, friends.

I promise to post some pics of John's trip soon, too.

No comments: